CHECK IT OUT:
ORDER PATCHES HERE:
GROUP STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
The goal of Arizona Hiking group is to provide a forum for hikers of all levels to
share experiences and tips.
As a member, you are expected to:
• Contribute helpful and inspiring hike-related posts.
• Respect fellow members by keeping comments civil.
• Stay on topic.
• Provide positive feedback and encouragement.
• Disagree constructively, not hatefully.
•Do not post business ads and links to draw readers to your social media sites/website/Instagram/blog/store/YouTube channel/fundraiser/group or business. This includes asking people to private message you in order to sell or direct them.
• Your personal used gear for sale or trade is okay to post.
• Do not post about "undisclosed" locations or "secret" trails. Seriously-- If you don't want anybody to know about it, don't tease about it!
• You may post non-commercial hike events to our calendar, but for-profit, events soliciting donations or paid guide hikes are not allowed.
• We encourage members to be interested in and aware of issues that impact our public lands. As posts of this nature often incite angry, hostile comments instead of solution-oriented action, we require that these topics be presented in a manner that will drive change. Therefore, when you post about a hot topic such as proposed regulations or controversial issues such as hiking in the heat, or animal abuse, please: Include a link to the agency overseeing the project or the appropriate government representative so members can respond to decision makers. Then, turn off commenting. We want you to comment where it matters.
• Posts with fund-raising/GoFundMe/Kickstarter, etc links will be deleted. Please use your personal Facebook page for such activities.
• Requests for media interviews should be directed to group Admins. The media is welcome to query group members for their personal input, but only Admins may speak on behalf of the group.
• Posts showing trespassing, disregard for park/preserve rules, vandalism or other irresponsible trail behaviors will be deleted.
• Members who habitually "kick the hive" with off-topic, non-productive posts in order to draw attention or incite hostilities will be removed from the group.
• The copyright to the Arizona Hiking Group logo is owned by founder Mare Czinar and may not be used without permission.
• You will be banned from the group for posting foul language, threats, nude photos, bullying, hostile/hateful commentary.
• The Arizona Hiking Group Facebook page was founded as a companion social media extension of ArizonaHiking.blogspot.com.